- Intra-peritoneal rupture of large hydatid cyst of the liver containing innumerable daughter cysts after blunt abdominal trauma. [Journal Article]Int J Surg Case Rep 2019; 64:41-44IJ
- CONCLUSIONS: Prevention of hydatid disease is the most effective way to control the disease, the cyst may reach a very large size and be asymptomatic. Intraperitoneal rupture may occur as a result of blunt abdominal trauma which could be trivial.
- Near-infrared fluorescence angiography for intra-operative assessment of pedicled omentoplasty for filling of a pelvic cavity: a pilot study. [Journal Article]Tech Coloproctol 2019; 23(8):723-728TC
- CONCLUSIONS: FA of a pedicled omentoplasty allows a real-time assessment of omental perfusion and leads to change in management in 80% of the cases in this pilot study. These findings support the conduct of larger studies to determine the impact on patient outcome in this setting.
- Fluorescence angiography of a pedicled omentoplasty for pelvic filling. [Letter]Colorectal Dis 2019CD
- Surgical excision of a giant pedunculated hydatid cyst of the liver. [Case Reports]J Surg Case Rep 2019; 2019(7):rjz208JS
- Hydatid disease is caused by a tape worm Echinococcus Granulosus that lives in the intestines of the definitive host which is the dog or other carnivore. Human is the accidental intermediate host and become infected by ingesting contaminated vegetables or water with the eggs of the parasite. A-37-year old male presented with right side abdominal pain for 2 months. Abdominal examination showed a l…
Hydatid disease is caused by a tape worm Echinococcus Granulosus that lives in the intestines of the definitive host which is the dog or other carnivore. Human is the accidental intermediate host and become infected by ingesting contaminated vegetables or water with the eggs of the parasite. A-37-year old male presented with right side abdominal pain for 2 months. Abdominal examination showed a large right side abdominal mass extending from the right subcostal region to the right iliac fossa. CT-scan showed two cystic lesions in the right lobe of the and a third one extending to the pelvis. During surgery aspiration of 10 liters of bile stained fluid done. Excision of the cysts done. Tube drain put inside the cyst cavity with omentoplasty. There was bile leak to the drain which stopped over one month. The patient received anthelminthic medication for 3 months.
- Diverticular Colovaginal Fistulas: What Factors Contribute to Successful Surgical Management? [Journal Article]Dis Colon Rectum 2019; 62(9):1079-1084DC
- CONCLUSIONS: Limitations include the retrospective design and lack of power.Surgery is effective in achieving successful closure of diverticular colovaginal fistula. Smokers should be encouraged to stop before embarking on an elective repair. Although the use of fecal diversion and omental pedicle flaps did not correlate with success, they should be used when clinically appropriate. See Video Abstract at http://links.lww.com/DCR/A983. FÍSTULAS COLOVAGINALES DIVERTICULARES ¿QUÉ FACTORES CONTRIBUYEN AL ÉXITO DEL TRATAMIENTO QUIRÚRGICO?: La enfermedad diverticular es la causa principal de fístulas colovaginales. La cirugía es un reto dado el proceso inflamatorio que dificulta la disección. Hasta la fecha, los estudios son pequeños e incluyen fístulas secundarias a múltiples etiologías.
- Current approaches in the surgical treatment of liver hydatid disease: single center experience. [Journal Article]BMC Surg 2019; 19(1):95BS
- CONCLUSIONS: Compared to open surgery in the treatment of liver hydatid cysts, we have shown that laparoscopic method can be safely performed even in large cysts and/or cysto-biliary communication.
- Omentoplasty Decreases Leak Rate After Esophagectomy: a Meta-analysis. [Journal Article]J Gastrointest Surg 2019JG
- CONCLUSIONS: Omentoplasty after esophagectomy is a safe and effective method to prevent anastomotic leakage.
- Current indications for the intrathoracic transposition of the omentum. [Review]J Cardiothorac Surg 2019; 14(1):103JC
- CONCLUSIONS: OP may be an elegant solution for a wide range of problems in thoracic surgery. In the published literature, there are mainly case-reports and relatively small series published resulting in a low level of evidence for both ITO as a surgical technique by itself, as well as for the use of OP in various clinical situations involving the chest structures. The indications for its use in thoracic surgery are based more on common sense and the lack of other solutions.
- A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis on Omentoplasty for the Management of Abdominoperineal Defects in Patients Treated for Cancer. [Journal Article]Ann Surg 2019AnnS
- CONCLUSIONS: This meta-analysis revealed no beneficial effect of omentoplasty on presacral abscess formation and perineal wound healing after APR, while it increases the likelihood of developing a perineal hernia. These findings do not support the routine use of omentoplasty in APR for cancer.
New Search Next
- Transdiaphragmatic plombage omentoplasty without thoracotomy for post-lobectomy bronchial fistula. [Journal Article]J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2019; 157(6):e413-e415JT