- A Molecular Epidemiological Analysis Of Programmed Cell Death Ligand-1 (PD-L1) Protein Expression, Mutations And Survival In Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. [Journal Article]Cancer Manag Res 2019; 11:9469-9481CM
- CONCLUSIONS: In this retrospective analysis, survival outcomes of patients with advanced NSCLC were comparable by PD-L1 expression level. EGFR and KRAS mutation status were not found to be significantly associated with PD-L1 expression level, while TMB was weakly associated with PD-L1 expression level. Overall, PD-L1 expression level was not observed to be an independent prognostic biomarker in this cohort of patients with advanced NSCLC treated with chemotherapy.
- Design and Construction of an ROV for Underwater Exploration. [Journal Article]Sensors (Basel) 2019; 19(24)S
- The design of a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) with a size of 18.41 cm × 29.50 cm × 33.50 cm, and a weight of 15.64 kg, is introduced herein. The main goal is to capture underwater video by remote control communication in real time via Ethernet protocol. The ROV moves under the six brushless motors governed through a smart PID controller (Proportional + Integral + Derivative) and by using pulse-…
The design of a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) with a size of 18.41 cm × 29.50 cm × 33.50 cm, and a weight of 15.64 kg, is introduced herein. The main goal is to capture underwater video by remote control communication in real time via Ethernet protocol. The ROV moves under the six brushless motors governed through a smart PID controller (Proportional + Integral + Derivative) and by using pulse-wide modulation with short pulses of 1 μs to improve the stability of the position in relation to the translational, ascent or descent, and rotational movements on three axes to capture images of 800 × 640 pixels on a video graphic array standard. The motion control, 3D position, temperature sensing, and video capture are performed at the same time, exploiting the four cores of the Raspberry Pi 3, using the threading library for parallel computing. In such a way, experimental results show that the video capture stage can process up to 42 frames per second on a Raspberry Pi 3. The remote control of the ROV is executed under a graphical user interface developed in Python, which is suitable for different operating systems, such as GNU/Linux, Windows, Android, and OS X. The proposed ROV can reach up to 100 m underwater, thus solving the issue of divers who can only reach 30 m depth. In addition, the proposed ROV can be useful in underwater applications such as surveillance, operations, maintenance, and measurement.
- Results of a phase II clinical trial of 6-mercaptopurine (6MP) and methotrexate in patients with BRCA-defective tumours. [Journal Article]Br J Cancer 2019BJ
- CONCLUSIONS: The overall activity of 6MP and methotrexate in these patients was low; however, there was a small group of patients who appeared to derive longer-term clinical benefit.
- Long-term effectiveness and safety of image-based, transperineal combined intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy in treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer. [Journal Article]Brachytherapy 2019B
- CONCLUSIONS: Combined IC-ISBT is a safe and effective approach to treat ICBT unsuitable cases. It integrates the benefits of ICBT to the adaptability of ISBT around various targets and should be practiced whenever feasible to provide superior outcomes in locally advanced cervical cancer.
- Bioactivity of some Apiaceae essential oils and their constituents against Sitophilus zeamais (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). [Journal Article]Bull Entomol Res 2019; :1-11BE
- Sitophilus zeamais is a key pest of stored grains. Its control is made, usually, using synthetic insecticides, despite their negative impacts. Botanical insecticides with fumigant/repellent properties may offer an alternative solution. This work describes the effects of Anethum graveolens, Petroselinum crispum, Foeniculum vulgare and Cuminum cyminum essential oils (EOs) and (S)-carvone, cuminalde…
Sitophilus zeamais is a key pest of stored grains. Its control is made, usually, using synthetic insecticides, despite their negative impacts. Botanical insecticides with fumigant/repellent properties may offer an alternative solution. This work describes the effects of Anethum graveolens, Petroselinum crispum, Foeniculum vulgare and Cuminum cyminum essential oils (EOs) and (S)-carvone, cuminaldehyde, estragole and (+)-fenchone towards adults of S. zeamais. Acute toxicity was assessed by fumigation and topical application. Repellence was evaluated by an area preference bioassay and two-choice test, using maize grains. LC50 determined by fumigation ranged from 51.8 to 535.8 mg L-1 air, with (S)-carvone being the most active. LD50 values for topical applications varied from 23 to 128 µg per adult for (S)-carvone > cuminaldehyde > A. graveolens > C. cyminum > P. crispum. All EOs/standard compounds reduced significantly the percentage of insects attracted to maize grains (65-80%) in the two-choice repellence test, whereas in the area preference bioassay RD50 varied from 1.4 to 45.2 µg cm-2, with cuminaldehyde, (S)-carvone and estragole being strongly repellents. Petroselinum crispum EO and cuminaldehyde affected the nutritional parameters relative growth rate, efficiency conversion index of ingested food and antifeeding effect, displaying antinutritional effects toward S. zeamais. In addition, P. crispum and C. cyminum EOs, as well as cuminaldehyde, showed the highest acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity in vitro (IC50 = 185, 235 and 214.5 µg mL-1, respectively). EOs/standard compounds exhibited acute toxicity, and some treatments showed antinutritional effects towards S. zeamais. Therefore, the tested plant products might be good candidates to be considered to prevent damages caused by this pest.
- Phase II Feasibility and Biomarker Study of Neoadjuvant Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab With Chemoradiotherapy for Resectable Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Esophageal Adenocarcinoma: TRAP Study. [Journal Article]J Clin Oncol 2019; :JCO1901814JC
- CONCLUSIONS: Addition of trastuzumab and pertuzumab to nCRT in patients with HER2-positive EAC is feasible and demonstrates potentially promising activity compared with historical controls. HER2 3+ overexpression and Grb7 positivity are potentially predictive for survival and treatment response, respectively.
- Survival and analysis of prognostic factors for hepatoblastoma: based on SEER database. [Journal Article]Ann Transl Med 2019; 7(20):555AT
- CONCLUSIONS: The survival of patients with HB has been greatly improved in the recent years, and at the same time, due to the application of better chemotherapy, we should re-evaluate the traditional risk indicators of prognosis in order to better apply to the clinical.
- Advances in soft-tissue sarcoma - There are no mistakes, only lessons to learn! [Journal Article]South Asian J Cancer 2019 Oct-Dec; 8(4):258-259SA
- CONCLUSIONS: In this paper we discuss the intricacies of these trials and how they affect the rapidly changing landscape in advanced soft tissue sarcoma.
- Impact of delay to surgery on survival in stage I-III colon cancer. [Journal Article]Eur J Surg Oncol 2019EJ
- CONCLUSIONS: This analysis using a national cancer database revealed a significant impact on OS when surgeries for resectable colon cancer were delayed beyond 40 days from time of diagnosis.
New Search Next
- Desmoplastic melanoma: The role of pure and mixed subtype in sentinel lymph node biopsy and survival. [Journal Article]Cancer Med 2019CM
- CONCLUSIONS: MDM is significantly associated with a positive SLNB status. Mixed subtype is significantly correlated with RFS, but not with OS. The distinction between pure and mixed desmoplastic subtype therefore seems to be of clinical importance.