- [Survey on the quadrivalent influenza vaccine intention and related factors of health care workers in the Pearl River Delta region from 2015 to 2017]. [Journal Article]Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2019; 53(10):1022-1026ZY
- CONCLUSIONS: HCWs in the Pearl River Delta region had weak inclination of getting quadrivalent influenza vaccine. HCWs who were age (≥50 years old), worked in department of prevention and health care, learned about the quadrivalent influenza vaccine, knowed that HCWs are priority, and had a history of trivalent influenza vaccination from 2015 to 2017 were factors positively associated with the vaccination intention.
- [Cost-effective analysis of seasonal influenza vaccine in elderly Chinese population]. [Journal Article]Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2019; 53(10):993-999ZY
- CONCLUSIONS: Vaccinating elderly population would improve health utilities at higher health care costs for the elderly. Using the threshold of 3 times GDP per capita per QALY (193 932/QALY), both trivalent and quadrivalent vaccination would be cost-effective compared to no vaccination in elderly Chinese population.
- An observational study comparing HPV prevalence and type distribution between HPV-vaccinated and -unvaccinated girls after introduction of school-based HPV vaccination in Norway. [Journal Article]PLoS One 2019; 14(10):e0223612Plos
- CONCLUSIONS: There is evidence of a lower prevalence of vaccine-targeted HPV types in the vagina of vaccinated girls from the first birth cohort eligible for school-based HPV vaccination in Norway; this was not the case when considering all HPV types or types not included in the quadrivalent HPV vaccine.
- Enhanced Safety Surveillance of GSK's Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Belgium, Germany, and Spain for the 2018/19 Season: Interim Analysis. [Journal Article]Adv Ther 2019AT
- CONCLUSIONS: All reported AEs were expected as per summary product characteristics (smPC). No safety signals that impact public health or alter the benefit-risk profile of GSK's IIV4 were identified. Subjects from all vaccinated age groups were enrolled and the use of AERCs allowed rapid monitoring and analysis of reported AEs.
- Correction to "NMR Assays for Estimating the O-Acetyl Content of Meningococcal Polysaccharide Serogroup A in Quadrivalent Conjugate Vaccine Formulation". [Published Erratum]ACS Omega 2019; 4(13):15771AO
- [This corrects the article DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.9b01678.].
[This corrects the article DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.9b01678.].
- Historical H1N1 Influenza Virus Imprinting Increases Vaccine Protection by Influencing the Activity and Sustained Production of Antibodies Elicited at Vaccination in Ferrets. [Journal Article]Vaccines (Basel) 2019; 7(4)V
- Influenza virus imprinting is now understood to significantly influence the immune responses and clinical outcome of influenza virus infections that occur later in life. Due to the yearly cycling of influenza viruses, humans are imprinted with the circulating virus of their birth year and subsequently build a complex influenza virus immune history. Despite this knowledge, little is known about ho…
Influenza virus imprinting is now understood to significantly influence the immune responses and clinical outcome of influenza virus infections that occur later in life. Due to the yearly cycling of influenza viruses, humans are imprinted with the circulating virus of their birth year and subsequently build a complex influenza virus immune history. Despite this knowledge, little is known about how the imprinting strain influences vaccine responses. To investigate the immune responses of the imprinted host to split-virion vaccination, we imprinted ferrets with a sublethal dose of the historical seasonal H1N1 strain A/USSR/90/1977. After a +60-day recovery period to build immune memory, ferrets were immunized and then challenged on Day 123. Antibody specificity and recall were investigated throughout the time course. At challenge, the imprinted vaccinated ferrets did not experience significant disease, while naïve-vaccinated ferrets had significant weight loss. Haemagglutination inhibition assays showed that imprinted ferrets had a more robust antibody response post vaccination and increased virus neutralization activity. Imprinted-vaccinated animals had increased virus-specific IgG antibodies compared to the other experimental groups, suggesting B-cell maturity and plasticity at vaccination. These results should be considered when designing the next generation of influenza vaccines.
- Neisseria meningitidis and meningococcal disease: recent discoveries and innovations. [Journal Article]Curr Opin Infect Dis 2019CO
- CONCLUSIONS: Meningococcal disease is well defined genomically for epidemiological purposes. There is potential for unpredictable emergence of clones that may have reduced susceptibility even to modern vaccines, and continued surveillance and vigilance is necessary. However, tremendous strides have been made in recent years.
- Frequency and cost of live vaccines administered too soon after prior live vaccine in children aged 12 months through 6 years, 2014-2017. [Journal Article]Vaccine 2019V
- CONCLUSIONS: Live vaccine interval errors were rare (0.5%), indicating an adherence to recommendations. If all invalid doses were corrected by revaccination over the two time periods, the cost within the IIS Sentinel Sites would be nearly one million dollars. Provider awareness about live vaccine conflicts, especially with LAIV, could prevent errors, and utilization of clinical decision support functionality within IISs and Electronic Health Record Systems can facilitate better vaccination practices.
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus in teenage heterosexual males following the implementation of female and male school-based vaccination in Australia: 2014-2017. [Journal Article]Vaccine 2019V
- CONCLUSIONS: The prevalence of 4vHPV genotypes among teenage heterosexual males in both cohorts was low, presumably due to herd protection from the female-only vaccination program. Further studies are required to determine the impact of universal HPV vaccination on HPV prevalence in males.
New Search Next
- Priming effect of bivalent and quadrivalent vaccine for HPV 31/33/45/52: an exploratory analysis from two clinical trials. [Journal Article]Hum Vaccin Immunother 2019HV
- The main objective of this post hoc analysis is to compare the magnitude of the immune response to HPV31/33/45/52 and 58 after a dose of 9vHPV vaccine given to naïve (previously unvaccinated) subjects and subjects previously vaccinated with a dose of 2vHPV or 4vHPV vaccine. Results from two clinical trials conducted in the same region, in comparable populations and by the same research team were …
The main objective of this post hoc analysis is to compare the magnitude of the immune response to HPV31/33/45/52 and 58 after a dose of 9vHPV vaccine given to naïve (previously unvaccinated) subjects and subjects previously vaccinated with a dose of 2vHPV or 4vHPV vaccine. Results from two clinical trials conducted in the same region, in comparable populations and by the same research team were included in this analysis. In study A, a dose of 9vHPV was administered 6 months after a single dose of 2vHPV as well as to naïve subjects. In study B, a dose of 9vHPV was administered 36-96 months (mean 65 months) after a single dose of 4vHPV. Blood samples were collected just before and one month post-9vHPV vaccine administration. For both studies, antibody responses were measured using the same 9-plex virus-like particle based IgG ELISA (M9ELISA). One month after 9vHPV dose administration, all subjects were seropositive to HPV 31/33/45/52 and 58. Subjects who had previously received 2vHPV or 4vHPV had significantly higher (1.8-8.0-fold) GMTs than naive subjects for HPV31/33/45/52 types but not for HPV58. GMTs to HPV31/33/45/52 and 58 were not significantly different between subjects who received a 2vHPV or 4vHPV dose prior to 9vHPV. The strong anamnestic response to one dose of 9vHPV given as late as 3-8 years after a single dose of 2vHPV or 4vHPV vaccine indicates these vaccines induced priming to types only included in the 9vHPV vaccine.