- Improvement of Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction and Pulmonary Hypertension Are Significant Prognostic Factors in Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction Patients. [Journal Article]J Cardiovasc Imaging 2019; 27(4):257-265JC
- CONCLUSIONS: In patients with HFrEF and PH, persistence of PH and no LVEF improvement was associated with the worst long-term outcome.
- Variation in the definition of pulmonary hypertension and clinical indications for the use of nitric oxide in neonatal clinical trials. [Journal Article]Acta Paediatr 2019AP
- CONCLUSIONS: There is wide variation in the definition of PH used to select infants for inclusion into RCTs of iNO therapy in neonates. We recommend that an international consensus be reached on which parameters should be used and the thresholds defining severity of disease.
- Aneurysmal coronary arteries with a giant coronary sinus fistula resulting in mitral regurgitation. [Journal Article]Kardiol Pol 2019KP
- Cardiac myxoma with cartilaginous differentiation-An uncommon variant presented as mitral stenosis. [Case Reports]Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2019 Oct-Dec; 62(4):599-601IJ
- The estimated incidence of primary cardiac tumors is extremely rare. Among it, cardiac myxoma represents the most common benign cardiac tumor constituting about 80% of cases. We are presenting a 30-year-old female with large left atrial myxoma. She was presented with severe dyspnea, palpitations, and systolic murmurs. On 2D echocardiography, left atrial mass obstructing mitral flow was noted. On …
The estimated incidence of primary cardiac tumors is extremely rare. Among it, cardiac myxoma represents the most common benign cardiac tumor constituting about 80% of cases. We are presenting a 30-year-old female with large left atrial myxoma. She was presented with severe dyspnea, palpitations, and systolic murmurs. On 2D echocardiography, left atrial mass obstructing mitral flow was noted. On cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, a single, large, mobile pedunculated mass lesion in left atrium attached to inferior interatrial septum with heterogeneous enhancement was noted, which was likely represented to be myxoma. The mass was surgically excised and valve repairing was done. We received large, solid, lobulated, gray white, soft-to-firm mass measuring 4.5 × 4.1 × 2.5 cm, and on microscopy showed cardiac myxoma with cartilaginous differentiation. We are presenting this case for its clinical, imaging, and uncommon histological features.
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Interventional Emergency Treatment of Decompensated Severe Aortic Stenosis. [Journal Article]J Invasive Cardiol 2019JI
- CONCLUSIONS: Mortality in CS patients due to decompensated severe AS is high, regardless of interventional treatment strategy. Both eBAV and eTAVR seem feasible. As eTAVR is associated with better initial improvements in hemodynamics and simultaneously avoids sequential interventions, it might be favorable to eBAV in select patients. If eTAVR is not available, eBAV might serve as a "bridge" to elective TAVR.
- Effects of HIV Infection on Pulmonary Artery Pressure in Children. [Journal Article]Glob Heart 2019GH
- CONCLUSIONS: ART-exposed HIV infection is associated with higher estimated PAP. Reduced RV systolic function is seen in ART-naïve HIV infection. Lower respiratory tract infection partly explains lower systolic RV function in ART-naïve relative to ART-exposed HIV infection.
- Commentary: Cause or consequence? The influence of mitral regurgitation on post-myocardial infarction structural remodeling is better defined using a new rodent model. [Editorial]J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2019JT
- Evolution of Tricuspid Regurgitation after Repair of Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Commentary). [Journal Article]Ann Thorac Surg 2019AT
- Concepts of Bicuspid Aortic Valve Repair - A Review. [Review]Ann Thorac Surg 2019AT
- CONCLUSIONS: Today, BAV repair leads to excellent stability if an anatomy-oriented concept is used. Further improvements of cinical results and reproducibility can be anticipated.
New Search Next
- Outcomes of three different new generation transcatheter aortic valve prostheses. [Journal Article]Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2019CC
- CONCLUSIONS: TAVI using new-generation prostheses was associated with high device success (97.0% vs. 92.8% vs. 95.0% for SAPIEN 3, Evolut R and ACURATE neo, respectively) and low complications rates up to 1 year. Evolut R valve was associated with a higher rate of PPI whereas SAPIEN 3 valve was associated with a higher mean transvalvular gradient and lower rate of more-than-trace PVR. At 1-year, MACCE rates were similar among the three groups.