- Neurocognitive function of 10-year-old multiples born less than 28 weeks of gestational age. [Journal Article]
- JPJ Perinatol 2019; 39(2):237-247
- CONCLUSIONS: We found no evidence that children born of multifetal pregnancies had worse scores than their singleton peers on assessments of neurocognitive and academic function.
- The outcome of the multifetal pregnancy reduction procedures in a single centre: A report of 202 completed cases. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2018; 230:22-27
- CONCLUSIONS: Fetal reduction in multifetal pregnancy is associated with low miscarriage rate and preterm delivery rates. Fetal reduction in multifetal pregnancy should be considered for better pregnancy outcomes and the results of this study can be used in prenatal counseling.
- Observation of highly stable and symmetric lanthanide octa-boron inverse sandwich complexes. [Journal Article]
- PNProc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2018 07 24; 115(30):E6972-E6977
- While boron forms a wide range of metal borides with important industrial applications, there has been relatively little attention devoted to lanthanide boride clusters. Here we report a joint photoe…
While boron forms a wide range of metal borides with important industrial applications, there has been relatively little attention devoted to lanthanide boride clusters. Here we report a joint photoelectron spectroscopy and quantum chemical study on two octa-boron di-lanthanide clusters, Ln2B8- (Ln = La, Pr). We found that these clusters form highly stable inverse sandwich structures, [Ln-B8-Ln]-, with strong Ln and B8 bonding via interactions between the Ln 5d orbitals and the delocalized σ and π orbitals on the B8 ring. A (d-p)δ bond, involving the 5dδ and the antibonding π orbital of the B8 ring, is observed to be important in the Ln-B8 interactions. The highly symmetric inverse sandwich structures are overwhelmingly more stable than any other isomers. Upon electron detachment, the (d-p)δ orbitals become half-filled, giving rise to a triplet ground state for neutral La2B8 In addition to the two unpaired electrons in the (d-p)δ orbitals upon electron detachment, the neutral Pr2B8 complex also contains two unpaired 4f electrons on each Pr center. The six unpaired spins in Pr2B8 are ferromagnetically coupled to give rise to a septuplet ground state. The current work suggests that highly magnetic Ln…B8…Ln inverse sandwiches or 1D Ln…B8…Ln nanowires may be designed with novel electronic and magnetic properties.
- Effects of point mutations in Plasmodium falciparum dihydrofolate reductase and dihydropterate synthase genes on clinical outcomes and in vitro susceptibility to sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine. [Journal Article]
- PlosPLoS One 2009 Aug 26; 4(8):e6762
- CONCLUSIONS: In this part of the Amazon basin, it may be possible to predict treatment failure with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine equally well by determination of either of the single mutations dihydrofolate reductase 164L or dihydropteroate synthase 540E.
- Septuplet placenta: a case report. [Case Reports]
- AJAm J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 192(6):2076-81
- CONCLUSIONS: This ratio and additional calculations were used for comparison and for additional clinicopathologic correlations.
- [Analysis of 55 cases of transvaginal multifetal pregnancy reduction]. [Journal Article]
- ZFZhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 2002; 37(9):533-5
- CONCLUSIONS: MFPR during early pregnancy is a safe, effective, simple operation for the purpose of reducing perinatal and maternal complication.
- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoretic multilocus sequence typing of Staphylococcus aureus isolates. [Journal Article]
- EElectrophoresis 2002; 23(19):3310-20
- To obviate the need for multilocus sequencing, a method using denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) was developed for the multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus isolates.…
To obviate the need for multilocus sequencing, a method using denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) was developed for the multilocus sequence typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus isolates. Sequence types (STs) were obtained on the basis of sequences of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) products from seven housekeeping genes and compared to the reference MLST database. The melt curves, sequences and DGGE profiles were compared for 100 STs (i) to determine PCR conditions with 40-mer GC-clamps attached to the forward and reverse primers; (ii) to choose single restriction enzyme sites for digestion of PCR products into two fragments each with a GC-clamp attached and (iii) to optimize DGGE conditions. When the DGGE types (DT) were analyzed, the majority of DTs (76/100) were accurately classified into one ST (95% of nucleotide changes were detected), 10 DTs were classified into one of two STs corresponding to a single nucleotide ambiguity and 14 DTs were classified into 3 or 4 STs corresponding to 4 or 5 nucleotide ambiguities. A combination of STs and DTs were used to obtain septuplet sets of STs (7-ST) for 25 S. aureus isolates. When compared to the reference MLST database, one methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) isolate had the same genotype as the first MRSA clone. The DGGE-MLST method can be used as a rapid, accurate and 20-fold less expensive method than DNA sequencing for the detection of all sequence types. This combined laboratory and in silico approach could have wide applicability not only to MLST methods for other bacteria but to the screening of multilocus nucleotide differences deposited in other mutation databases.
- Production of identical sextuplet mice by transferring metaphase nuclei from four-cell embryos. [Journal Article]
- PNProc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1996 Nov 12; 93(23):13010-3
- Mouse clones were produced by serial nuclear transfer commencing with the transfer of four-cell nuclei at metaphase into unfertilized ooplasts. The donor four-cell-stage nuclei were synchronized in m…
Mouse clones were produced by serial nuclear transfer commencing with the transfer of four-cell nuclei at metaphase into unfertilized ooplasts. The donor four-cell-stage nuclei were synchronized in metaphase with nocodazole. The oocytes receiving a four-cell nucleus at metaphase formed two nuclei after artificial activation and inhibition of cytokinesis with cytochalasin B. To obtain embryos with diploid sets of chromosomes, nuclei from each reconstructed embryo were transferred individually into separate enucleated fertilized one-cell embryos, thus doubling the number of identical embryos. This procedure produced a high frequency of development of reconstructed embryos to the blastocyst stage. Of 11 sets of identical embryos produced by serial nuclear transplantation, 83% developed into blastocysts, including three sets of identical septuplet blastocysts. After transfer to recipient mice, a total of 25 (57%) live young were obtained, which included one set of identical sextuplet and two sets of identical quadruplet mice.
- Early and simple determination of chorionic and amniotic type in multifetal gestations in the first fourteen weeks by high-frequency transvaginal ultrasonography. [Journal Article]
- AJAm J Obstet Gynecol 1994; 170(3):824-9
- CONCLUSIONS: Transvaginal ultrasonography at < or = 14 weeks can easily and accurately determine the chorionic and amniotic type in multifetal pregnancies.
New Search Next
- Improved results in multifetal pregnancy reduction: a report of 72 cases. [Journal Article]
- FSFertil Steril 1994; 61(1):59-61
- CONCLUSIONS: Both transvaginal and transabdominal approaches are comparable. There is a remarkable decrease in pregnancy loss with experience.