- [Thought and method of reproductive toxicity research in traditional Chinese medicine]. [Review]
- YXYao Xue Xue Bao 2014; 49(11):1498-503
- Reproductive toxicity research takes an important place in traditional Chinese medicine pre-clinical safety evaluation. Modern reproductive toxicity experiment includes drug-related miscarriage, feta…
Reproductive toxicity research takes an important place in traditional Chinese medicine pre-clinical safety evaluation. Modern reproductive toxicity experiment includes drug-related miscarriage, fetal death, teratism, and adverse effects on fertility, genital system, embryonic development and fetus, which is different from contraindicated in pregnancy in traditional Chinese medicine theory. Now the three-phases reproductive toxicity study is the method mainly applied in traditional Chinese medicine reproductive toxicity evaluation. Besides that, alternative methods of whole embryos culture and embryonic stem cell test are also used in traditional Chinese medicine embryo toxicity evaluation. This article reviews research progress and pre-clinical evaluation on reproductive toxicity of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Murine model for congenital CMV infection and hearing impairment. [Journal Article]
- VJVirol J 2011 Feb 15; 8:70
- CONCLUSIONS: The results suggest that the direct injection of MCMV into the placenta may efficiently cause fetal infection and disturb the intrauterine development of the fetus, and placental inoculation itself has no obvious adverse effects on offspring. The reduction in the number of spiral ganglion neurons and the ultrastructural lesions of the neurons may be the major cause of congenital CMV infection-induced progressive SNHL.
- [Treatment of zygomaxillary complex multiple fractures: an analysis of 25 consecutive cases]. [Journal Article]
- SKShanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue 2004; 13(3):219-21
- CONCLUSIONS: Using topical, coronal and vestibular incisions accordingly, and rigid internal fixation with titanium plates, satisfied outcomes can be achieved in patients with ZMC fractures.
- Protective effects of vitamin B12, ginseng saponin, and folic acid against murine fetal deformities caused by hyperthermia. [Journal Article]
- CMChin Med J (Engl) 2003; 116(11):1776-8
- CONCLUSIONS: Ginseng saponin and folic acid can lessen injuries to murine embryos caused by high heat, while vitamin B(12) has little protective effect against high temperature except for promoting overall embryonic growth.
- [Study on sperm quality of the soldiers influenced by reinforced training]. [Journal Article]
- ZNZhonghua Nan Ke Xue 2003; 9(1):7-10
- CONCLUSIONS: Reinforced training has correlation with weak part of sperm parameter analysis and reproductive hormones.
- Teratism induced in the developing chick by RPR-V, an organophosphate. [Journal Article]
- FCFood Chem Toxicol 1992; 30(11):945-51
- Fertile White Leghorn chicken eggs were injected on day 4 of incubation with 0, 0.25, 0.50 or 1.00 mg RPR-V/egg and opened on day 20 or allowed to hatch. The following parameters were examined: hatch…
Fertile White Leghorn chicken eggs were injected on day 4 of incubation with 0, 0.25, 0.50 or 1.00 mg RPR-V/egg and opened on day 20 or allowed to hatch. The following parameters were examined: hatchability, growth and development, external malformations and skeletal deformities. As the dose was increased, the hatchability decreased, and the incidence of deformities increased. Staining of the skeleton with Alizarin red showed clear deformities in the embryos. The results suggest that RPR-V has teratogenic effects on chick embryos when injected on day 4 of incubation.
- In utero diagnosis and treatment of non-human primate fetal skeletal anomalies. I. Hydrocephalus. [Journal Article]
- JAMAJAMA 1981 Sep 04; 246(10):1093-7
- We describe the antenatal diagnosis and intrauterine treatment of hydrocephalus induced (corticosteroid teratism) in fetal rhesus monkeys. Diagnostic techniques included (1) maternal serum alpha-feto…
We describe the antenatal diagnosis and intrauterine treatment of hydrocephalus induced (corticosteroid teratism) in fetal rhesus monkeys. Diagnostic techniques included (1) maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) measurement, (2) ultrasonography of the fetal ventricular system, (3) roentgenography, and (4) fetoscopy. After measuring excessive intracranial CSF pressures in hydrocephalic fetuses, an indwelling prosthetic valve was devised--the hydrocephalic antenatal vent for intrauterine treatment (HAVIT). The HAVIT was surgically implanted in the fetal skull so that when CSF pressures exceeded 60 mm H2O, the ports opened to vent CSF from the fetal ventricular system into the amniotic fluid. Whereas unaided hydrocephalic neonates seldom survived more than ten to 14 days, manifesting progressive muscular weakness and frequent seizures, fetal monkeys receiving the HAVIT demonstrated markedly superior postnatal development of motor skills and weight gain. Although additional laboratory studies are indicated, ultimately, clinical investigations combining early diagnosis and in utero insertion of the HAVIT or similar prosthesis may significantly enhance the prognosis of children in whom severe antenatal hydrocephalus develops.
- A case of teratism of cephalothoracopagus in pig. [Journal Article]
- FMFolia Morphol (Warsz) 1980; 39(2):215-9
- Residence under an airport landing pattern as a factor in teratism. [Letter]
- AEArch Environ Health 1978 Jul-Aug; 33(4):214
New Search Next
- Residence under an airport landing pattern as a factor in teratism. [Journal Article]
- AEArch Environ Health 1978 Jan-Feb; 33(1):10-2
- An analysis of all Los Angeles County birth records for the years 1970, 1971, and 1972 reveals a higher incidence of reportable birth defects in those census tracts lying wholly or partly within the …
An analysis of all Los Angeles County birth records for the years 1970, 1971, and 1972 reveals a higher incidence of reportable birth defects in those census tracts lying wholly or partly within the 90 dbA loudness contours under the landing pattern at Los Angeles International Airport than in the rest of the County. While not proving that noise is responsible for the increase in teratism, these results point to a potentially important physical environmental effect with significant public health implications.