Did you mean: (v)?
- NIR spectroscopic method for the detection of calcium carbide in artificial ripening of mangoes (Magnifera indica). [Journal Article]
- FAFood Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 2019 May 14; :1-7
- The present study presents a novel method employing Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR) for detection of the use of calcium carbide in artificial ripening of mangoes. Use of calcium carbide has been ban…
The present study presents a novel method employing Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR) for detection of the use of calcium carbide in artificial ripening of mangoes. Use of calcium carbide has been banned in artificial ripening of fruits as it contains traces of arsenic. Mango samples were ripened artificially using calcium carbide and compared with naturally ripened mangoes using NIR spectroscopic wavelength ranging from 600 to 1100 nm. The captured NIR spectra from mango samples were analysed using multivariate methods including principal component analysis, particle least square and successive projection algorithm. The obtained results showed distinguishing zones for naturally and artificially ripened mangoes. Furthermore, the arsenic content was obtained through ICP-MS analysis, and it was found that mangoes ripened artificially using calcium carbide have a higher content of arsenic. Hence, arsenic was used as a principal component in the analysis. The developed method is not unique to samples that were grown in any particular region or year as it and can be used universally as NIR will give the distinguishing comparison between naturally- and artificially ripened mangoes. This method is simple, non-invasive, non-destructive and rapid for detection of use of calcium carbide in the artificial ripening of mangoes.
- INDEX-db: The Indian Exome Reference Database (Phase I). [Journal Article]
- JCJ Comput Biol 2019; 26(3):225-234
- Deep sequencing-based genetic mapping has greatly enhanced the ability to catalog variants with plausible disease association. Confirming how these identified variants contribute to specific disease …
Deep sequencing-based genetic mapping has greatly enhanced the ability to catalog variants with plausible disease association. Confirming how these identified variants contribute to specific disease conditions, across human populations, poses the next challenge. Differential selection pressure may impact the frequency of genetic variations, and thus detection of association with disease conditions, across populations. To understand genotype to phenotype correlations, it thus becomes important to first understand the spectrum of genetic variation within a population by creating a reference map. In this study, we report the development of phase I of a new database of genetic variations called INDian EXome database (INDEX-db), from the Indian population, with an aim to establish a centralized database of integrated information. This could be useful for researchers involved in studying disease mechanisms at clinical, genetic, and cellular levels.
- [Embryology, anatomy and rare pathologies of the popliteal artery: Peculiarities of surgical treatment]. [Review]
- ASAngiol Sosud Khir 2018; 24(2):146-157
- Knowledge of anatomical variations of the division of the popliteal artery and specific lesions of the arterial segment involved is necessary for the surgeon, traumatologist-orthopaedist, vascular su…
Knowledge of anatomical variations of the division of the popliteal artery and specific lesions of the arterial segment involved is necessary for the surgeon, traumatologist-orthopaedist, vascular surgeon. The article contains a review of recent literature data on the prevalence of different variants of branching patterns of the arteries of the crus, also providing a detailed discussion of embryological development of the arterial system of the lower extremities, in many ways explaining the appearance of rare pathologies of the popliteal artery, such as for example popliteal artery entrapment syndrome. Particular attention is paid to cystic damage of the popliteal artery, describing currently known theories of the development of this rare pathology, this is accompanied by sharing own experience in surgical treatment of the patients involved. Awareness of anatomical variants and peculiarities of embryonic development contributes to decreasing the possibility of iatrogenic damage of the popliteal artery during orthopaedic operations and to appropriate decision-making as to the method of revascularization.
- Designing of enzyme inhibitors based on active site specificity: lessons from methyl gallate and its lipoxygenase inhibitory profile. [Journal Article]
- JRJ Recept Signal Transduct Res 2018; 38(3):256-265
- Methyl gallate was purified, by lipoxygenase (LOX) inhibitory activity-guided method since its alleged anti-inflammatory property, from Bergenia ligulata (Wall), a plant used in the traditional, Ayur…
Methyl gallate was purified, by lipoxygenase (LOX) inhibitory activity-guided method since its alleged anti-inflammatory property, from Bergenia ligulata (Wall), a plant used in the traditional, Ayurvedic system of medicine extensively. The LOX inhibitory property of methyl gallate was studied by enzyme kinetics, isothermal titration calorimetry and molecular docking followed by molecular simulation studies. The wet-laboratory experiments and in silico studies showed complete agreement, and promise of methyl gallate as a drug-lead molecular scaffold for anti-inflammatory therapy, based on LOX inhibition. The expressed work shows the need of nonactive site binding parameters to be considered while designing of inhibitors based on the specificities toward active sites of enzymes.
- Light induced charge and energy transport in nucleic acids and proteins: general discussion. [Journal Article]
- FDFaraday Discuss 2018 04 01; 207:153-180
- Photocrosslinking between nucleic acids and proteins: general discussion. [Journal Article]
- FDFaraday Discuss 2018 04 01; 207:283-306
- Light induced damage and repair in nucleic acids and proteins: general discussion. [Journal Article]
- FDFaraday Discuss 2018 04 01; 207:389-408
- Determination of ZSTK474, a novel Pan PI3K inhibitor in mouse plasma by LC-MS/MS and its application to Pharmacokinetics. [Journal Article]
- JPJ Pharm Biomed Anal 2018 Feb 05; 149:387-393
- ZSTK474, a promising novel anticancer molecule derived from s-triazine, found to have antitumor activities against different cancer cell lines. However, neither LCMS method nor pharmacokinetics of ZS…
ZSTK474, a promising novel anticancer molecule derived from s-triazine, found to have antitumor activities against different cancer cell lines. However, neither LCMS method nor pharmacokinetics of ZSTK474 has been reported till now. A sensitive, simple, short and specific liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LCMS/MS) method was developed for the quantification of ZSTK474 in mouse plasma accordance with the US Food and Drug Administration guidelines. Extraction of drug molecule was carried out using protein precipitation. Chromatographic analyte separation was achieved on Atlantis dC18 (4.6×50mm, 3μm). Composition of isocratic mobile phase consists of 90% acetonitrile and 0.2% formic acid, at 0.7mL/min flow rate, having short 2.5min run time. Method development was validated and found to be linear over a dynamic range between 1.9-1000ng/mL; having a correlation coefficient (r 2)≥0.9978. The analyte was found to be stable under short and long term storage conditions. LCMS/MS method developed was validated and found to be selective, reproducible, precise and accurate to quantify ZSTK474 in plasma samples, and first time successfully applied to pharmacokinetic studies. Pharmacokinetic data showed fast absorption attaining Cmax at 0.25h and half life (t1/2) 5.18h after oral administration of ZSTK474 at 20mg/kg in mouse.
- The anti-invasive role of novel synthesized pyridazine hydrazide appended phenoxy acetic acid against neoplastic development targeting matrix metallo proteases. [Journal Article]
- BPBiomed Pharmacother 2017; 95:375-386
- Neoplastic metastasis is a major process where tumor cells migrate from the primary tumor and colonize at other parts of our body to form secondary tumor. Cancer incidences are rising and novel anti-…
Neoplastic metastasis is a major process where tumor cells migrate from the primary tumor and colonize at other parts of our body to form secondary tumor. Cancer incidences are rising and novel anti-neoplastic compounds with new mechanism of actions are essential for preventing cancer related deaths. In the current examination, a novel series of pyridazine analogues 6a-l was synthesized and evaluated against metastatic neoplastic cells. Experimental data postulated compound 6j has potential cytotoxic efficacy with prolonged activity against various cancer cells, including A549, HepG2, A498, CaSki and SiHa cells. Moreover, compound 6j arrests the A549 migration and invasions markedly by counteracting matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 expressions. Also, compound 6j proved its potentiality against Dalton's solid lymphoma progression in-vivo by abridging MVD and MMP expressions. Compound 6j interacts with MMP-2 and MMP-9 by H- bond in-silico, thereby down regulates the MMPs action in tumourigenesis. Altogether, we concluded that compound 6j down regulates MMP-2 and MMP-9 and thereby impairs metastatic cancer cell migration and invasions which can be translated into a potent anti-neoplastic agent.
New Search Next
- Effect of short-term yoga-based lifestyle intervention on plasma glucose levels in individuals with diabetes and pre-diabetes in the community. [Journal Article]
- DMDiabetes Metab Syndr 2017; 11 Suppl 2:S597-S599
- CONCLUSIONS: The result suggests that a short-term Yoga-based lifestyle intervention effectively reduces FPG levels in type 2 diabetes patients and pre-diabetes.