About OADN Virtual Simulation Reviews
OADN Virtual Simulation Reviews
Copyright © 2021 OADN. All rights reserved.
Unbound™ Software Platform
© 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The OADN Simulation Task Force is committed to upholding OADN’s values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Furthermore, we concur with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare that educational simulation expertise must be leveraged to reduce the impact of implicit bias and promote health equity. As the work of the Task Force progresses, we will continue to gather information on how vendors address health justice in their products and explore methodology for a product evaluation framework that includes diversity, equity, and inclusion. In addition, the virtual simulation reviews (VSR) will continue to highlight product features that address accurate and inclusive learning experiences in virtual simulation.
- Janeen Berndt, Janeen Berndt, DNP, RN, CNE, CHSE, National Director of Clinical Innovation and Integration, Galen College of Nursing
- Rebecca K. Cockrell, MSN, RN, CHSE, Simulation Center Director at Hinds Community College and Director of the Mississippi Academy for Simulation Training at the University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Theresa Cooney, MSN, RN, SEL-III Assistant Professor Howard Community College, Columbia, MD
- Sarah Darrell, MSN, RN, CHSE, CNOR, Simulation Coordinator, Nursing Associate Professor at Ivy Tech Community College, IN
- Kathy Fischer, MSN, FNP, Associate Professor Nursing at Harper College Palatine, IL
- Laura Hibbett, MSN, RN, Nursing Simulation Center Director, Trident Technical College, SC
- Bryan Hoffman, Chief Operating Officer and Organization for Associate Degree Nursing & OADN Foundation
- Mario R. Jara, MSN, RN, Associate Professor, Professional Nursing Department at Austin Community College, Austin, TX.
- Meg Lagunas, PhD, MEd, RN, CHSE, Director of Clinical Learning Center, University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
- Danica MacRae, MSN, RN, CHSE, Associate Professor, Simulation Coordinator Professional Nursing Department at Austin Community College, TX
- Sami Rahman, MEd, MSN, RN, Director of Simulation at Blinn College Health Sciences, Bryan, TX
- Elizabeth Robison, EdD, MSN, RN, CNE, CHSE, Simulation Center Coordinator/Professor of Nursing at Northwest Florida State College, Niceville, FL
- Lea Stevens, MSN, RN
- Elaine Vandenburgh, MBA, Healthcare Education and Industry Partnerships Director at Minnesota State HealthForce Center of Excellence
- The authors created broad content categories to organize simulations. Some simulations may fit into more than one category.
- The simulations mentioned in individual reviews are examples and do not represent an exhaustive list.
- To minimize bias, product characteristics were evaluated using a dichotomous scale as follows:
Characteristic of the Reviewed Product
Found or explicitly identified
Not found or explicitly identified
- As this resource is evolving we encourage users to provide feedback by clicking the feedback button at the top of any page.
OADN Virtual Simulation Reviews Video Series
The following videos were drawn from a presentation given an the OADN 2020 Virtual Conference on November 6, 2020.
Vetting The Virtual: Building Nurse Faculty Capacity to Evaluate Virtual Simulation Options
Rebecca Cockrell, MSN, RN, CHSE; Lea Stevens, MSN, RN; Kathy Fischer, MSN, RN, FNP; Bill Detmer, MD, MSc
OADN VSR: Product Purpose
OADN VSR: About Unbound Medicine
OADN VSR: Homepage Overview
OADN VSR: Product Need Example
OADN VSR: Browse and Navigation
OADN VSR: Summary Section
OADN VSR: Characteristics
OADN VSR: Cost
OADN VSR: Demo and Equipment
OADN VSR: INACSL Standards
OADN VSR: References
OADN VSR: Personalization
OADN VSR: Thank You and Conclusion
OADN is the national voice and a pivotal resource for community college nursing education and the associate degree pathway. OADN works to expand networks that promote leadership, collaboration, and advocacy to further enrich nursing education and the communities we serve. Please also read OADN VSR’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement to learn more about the goas of the task force.
Notices and Disclaimers
The OADN Virtual Simulation Reviews (the "Content") is a publication of OADN ("PUBLISHER"), and copyright © 2021, by PUBLISHER.
The Unbound™ software platform is copyright © 2000–2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc. All rights reserved.
The user is receiving only a limited right to use the Content and Unbound Platform (jointly referred to as the "Service") for user’s own internal or personal use. The user may not reproduce, forward, modify, create derivative works based upon, transmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish or sublicense the Service or in any way commingle the Service with other third party content, without PUBLISHER’s or Unbound Medicine’s consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. NEITHER PUBLISHER, UNBOUND MEDICINE NOR ITS LICENSORS MAKE ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AS TO THE SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION THEREIN OR ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIAL REFERENCED IN SUCH SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION ENTERED INTO THE SERVICE BY USERS OR OTHER PERSONS AND/OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR THAT CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING VIA ANY HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) OR AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED. ANY MATERIAL OR DATA OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND USER UNDERSTANDS THAT IT WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING DAMAGE TO ITS COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA.
MEDICINE IS AN EVER-CHANGING SCIENCE. AS NEW RESEARCH AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE BROADEN OUT KNOWLEDGE, CHANGES IN TREATMENT AND DRUG THERAPY ARE REQUIRED. IN VIEW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF HUMAN ERROR OR CHANGES IN MEDICAL SCIENCES, NEITHER PUBLISHER, UNBOUND MEDICINE NOR ITS LICENSORS WARRANTS THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE IS IN EVERY RESPECT ACCURATE OR COMPLETE, AND THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. USERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONFIRM THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE WITH OTHER SOURCES. FOR EXAMPLE, AND IN PARTICULAR, USERS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK THE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE OF EACH DRUG THEY PLAN TO ADMINISTER TO BE CERTAIN THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE PUBLISHER CONTENT IS ACCURATE AND THAT CHANGES HAVE NOT BEEN MADE IN THE RECOMMENDED DOSE OR IN THE CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR ADMINISTRATION. THIS RECOMMENDATION IS PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT IN CONNECTION WITH NEW OR INFREQUENTLY USED DRUGS. NEITHER PUBLISHER NOR ITS LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER OR TO ANY USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL PUBLISHER, UNBOUND MEDICINE OR ITS LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO: (i) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR USE OF THE SERVICE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT BY ANYONE ELSE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. UNBOUND’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANYONE WHO USES THE SERVICE THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, WILL NOT EXCEED THE UNUSED PORTION OF FEES PAID FOR THE SERVICE. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, UNBOUND SHOULD HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, HARM OR DAMAGE, YOU AND UNBOUND AGREE THAT SUCH LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE LESSER OF $1,000 OR THE FEES YOU PAID US DURING THE THREE (3) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DAY THE ACT OR OMISSION OCCURRED THAT GAVE RISE TO YOUR CLAIM. YOU AND UNBOUND AGREE THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS AN AGREED ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND US AND REFLECTS THE FEES, IF ANY, UNBOUND CHARGE YOU TO USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, UNBOUND WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SITE OR SERVICES TO YOU.