Valvular Heart Disease
The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics helps you diagnose and treat hundreds of medical conditions. Consult clinical recommendations from a resource that has been trusted on the wards for 50+ years. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Stage A (at risk): patients with risk factors for development of VHD.
- Stage B (progressive): patients with progressive VHD (mild to moderate severity and asymptomatic).
- Stage C (asymptomatic severe): asymptomatic patients who meet criteria for severe VHD.
- C1: asymptomatic patients with a compensated left and right ventricle.
- C2: asymptomatic patients with decompensation of the left or right ventricle.
- Stage D (symptomatic severe): patients who have developed symptoms as a result of VHD.