- [A novel disposable ring versus the suture device in circumcision]. [Journal Article]
- ZNZhonghua Nan Ke Xue 2017; 23(12):1093-1098
- CONCLUSIONS: The novel disposable ring, with its advantages of short operation time, less bleeding and pain, good penile appearance, high safety, and simple operation, is obviously superior to the suture device in circumcision and deserves to be applied and popularized clinically. .
- [A novel disposable circumcision device versus conventional surgery in the treatment of redundant prepuce and phimosis]. [Journal Article]
- ZNZhonghua Nan Ke Xue 2017; 23(11):1007-1013
- CONCLUSIONS: Ring circumcision, with its advantages of shorter operation time, less blood loss and pain, higher safety, and better postoperative penile appearance, is easily accepted by the patients and deserves wide clinical application.
- Collagenase nanocapsules: An approach to fibrosis treatment. [Journal Article]
- ABActa Biomater 2018 May 04
- Fibrosis is a common lesion in different pathologic diseases and defined by the excessive accumulation of collagen. Different approaches have been used to treat different conditions characterized by ...
Fibrosis is a common lesion in different pathologic diseases and defined by the excessive accumulation of collagen. Different approaches have been used to treat different conditions characterized by fibrosis. The FDA and EMA approved the use of collagenase to treat palmar fibromatosis (Dupuytren's contracture). The EMA approved additionally its use in severe Peyronie's disease, but it has been used off label in other conditions [1,2]. The approved treatment includes up to three (in palmar fibromatosis) or up to eight (in penile fibromatosis) injections followed by finger extension or penile modeling procedures, typically causing severe pain. Frequent single injections are adequate to treat palmar fibromatosis . The need to repeatedly inject doses of this enzyme can be due to the labile nature of collagenase, which exhibits a complete activity loss after a short period of time. This study presents a novel strategy to manage this enzyme based on the synthesis of polymeric nanocapsules that contain collagenase encapsulated within their matrix. These nanocapsules have been engineered for achieving a gradual release of the encapsulated enzyme for a longer time, which can be up to ten days. The efficacy of these nanocapsules has been tested in a murine model of local dermal fibrosis, and the results demonstrate a reduction in fibrosis greater than that with the injection of free enzyme; this type of treatment showed a significant improvement compared to conventional therapy of free collagenase.
- Prospective study to evaluate the clinical outcome of intralesional interferon-α2b in the management of Peyronie's disease. [Journal Article]
- UAUrol Ann 2018 Apr-Jun; 10(2):154-158
- CONCLUSIONS: IFN-α2b, as minimal invasive (intralesional) options for the treatment of PD, demonstrated significant improvement in plaque volume, penile curvature with minimal complications. Patients subjectively reported significant improvement in pain on erection and sexual activities. IFN-α2b and verapamil had an almost similar clinical outcome, but verapamil at much lower cost.
- Lymphovenous anastomosis and debulking procedure for treatment of combined severe lower extremity and genital lymphedema: A case report. [Case Reports]
- MMicrosurgery 2018 May 02
- Lymphedema most commonly occurs after cancer treatment and can affect limbs and genitalia. Genital lymphedema (GL) is a rare condition and can be disabling psychologically and physically. It often oc...
Lymphedema most commonly occurs after cancer treatment and can affect limbs and genitalia. Genital lymphedema (GL) is a rare condition and can be disabling psychologically and physically. It often occurs along with lower extremity lymphedema (LEL). Conservative and physiologic reconstructive surgery such as lymphaticovenous anastomosis (LVA) offer good treatment options for LEL. GL however remains a reconstructive dilemma. The most effective surgical therapies in advanced GL are still debulking procedures in properly selected patients. Here, we present the surgical treatment of a 51 -year-old male patient with advanced and combined genital and right lower extremity lymphedema after Hodgkin lymphom treatment in the childhood. We performed multiple LVA to the right ankle joint, distal lower leg and lateral knee and 2 months later patient reported a significant decrease of pain and pressure in affected limb while the scrotal and penis lymphedema did not show any signs of improvement at all. Four months later, 4.9 kg of excessive lymphedematous tissue from the genital area was resected and covered by split-thickness skin grafts from the unaffected left upper thigh. The postoperative course was uneventful and 3 weeks postoperatively the skin graft healed completely. Follow up at 6 months showed reasonable cosmetic and functional outcomes and the patient reported a significant improvement of quality of life. We believe that debulking procedures and LVA may be combined in advanced GL and LEL and may provide good outcomes.
- Epidural Anesthesia to Facilitate Organ Blood Flow During the First Penile Transplantation in the United States: A Case Report. [Journal Article]
- PA A Pract 2018 May 01; 10(9):232-234
- Regional anesthesia has been used to help create local sympathectomy and improve blood flow in plastic surgery procedures involving tissue grafts and flaps. However, anesthetic techniques that reduce...
Regional anesthesia has been used to help create local sympathectomy and improve blood flow in plastic surgery procedures involving tissue grafts and flaps. However, anesthetic techniques that reduce systemic vascular resistance must be used with caution in patients with aortic stenosis (AS). Combined neuraxial and general anesthesia with careful titration of the local anesthetic dose can be a safe approach for patients with AS undergoing microvascular procedures. We present the anesthetic management of the first North American penile transplant, on an obese patient with moderate AS.
- Predictive Factors of Patients' and Their Partners' Sexual Function Improvement After Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection for Peyronie's Disease: Results From a Multi-Center Single-Arm Study. [Journal Article]
- JSJ Sex Med 2018; 15(5):716-721
- CONCLUSIONS: The modified treatment schedule with CCH injections for stable PD has a positive impact on both patients' and partners' sexual function in heterosexual couples with a stable sexual relationship. Cocci A, Russo GI, Salonia A, et al. Predictive Factors of Patients' and Their Partners' Sexual Function Improvement After Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Injection for Peyronie's Disease: Results From a Multi-Center Single-Arm Study. J Sex Med 2018;15:716-721.
- [Penile Metastasis from Invasive Bladder Carcinoma Diagnosed by Needle Biopsy : A Case Report and Literature Review]. [Journal Article]
- HKHinyokika Kiyo 2018; 64(3):127-130
- A 62-year-old man presented to our hospital with the chief complaint of continuous penile pain and swelling for 4 months. Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging showed an invasive bladder...
A 62-year-old man presented to our hospital with the chief complaint of continuous penile pain and swelling for 4 months. Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging showed an invasive bladder tumor with penile, bone, and lymph node metastases. Needle biopsies of the bladder and penile lesions were obtained, and histological evaluation of these specimens revealed urothelial carcinoma, findings which are consistent with invasive bladder cancer with penile metastasis. After several therapeutic options were discussed with the patient, he decided toundergogeneral chemotherapy. However, the patient died about 16 days after admission without treatment because of his poor general condition.
- Penile and scrotal lymphedema associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: Case report and review of surgical options. [Journal Article]
- CCCir Cir 2018; 86(1):84-88
- Lymphedema is the result of an alteration of the lymphatic drainage, and its most common worldwide cause is filariasis. In our practice usually is associated to neoplasic, inflammatory and granulomat...
Lymphedema is the result of an alteration of the lymphatic drainage, and its most common worldwide cause is filariasis. In our practice usually is associated to neoplasic, inflammatory and granulomatous processes, radiotherapy, hydroelectrolytic disbalances, and idiopathic. It can affect any part of the body, including the penis and scrotum. The genital lymphedema is a rare presentation, it corresponds to 0.6% of lymphedema. However, causes serious functional, social and emotional limitations for the patient. Too often have pain, recurrent infections, sexual dysfunction, cosmetic deformity, sometimes it limits mobility and ambulation. Although there are several treatment options, both medical and surgical, it has not been found ideal for this disease. We present a 43 years old patient with penoscrotal lymphedema due to hidradenitis suppurativa, it limits his normal activity. The patient was referred to our center after unsuccessful medical treatment (doxycycline and clindamycin cycles). Surgical treatment consisted of total excision of the skin and subcutaneous tissue to Buck's fascia. Split thickness skin grafts were used to cover the defect. The result was satisfactory both functionally and aesthetically.
New Search Next
- Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Placement, "Scratch Technique", and Postoperative Vacuum Therapy as a Combined Approach in the Definitive Treatment of Patients with Peyronie's Disease. [Journal Article]
- JUJ Urol 2018 Apr 17
- CONCLUSIONS: Our novel combination of intraoperative and postoperative therapies in the treatment of patients with PD and IPP is safe and efficacious with excellent functional outcomes. Penile curvature corrections were statistically significant and complications were negligible.