This section is the easiest way to find answers about our Kindle Fire products. If you can’t find what you are looking for here, please contact Support.
Learn about downloading, registering, and activating your Kindle product.
1. Obtain the download link emailed to you after your purchase. If you haven’t received this e-mail, please visit the link below to obtain it:
- Once there, select your product and then select Android.
2. On the Kindle Fire, open the web browser by clicking the web link located at the top right hand side of the toolbar.
3. In the Search box, enter the web address obtained in step 1.
4. When the web site opens, click the Install Now link.
5. Press the menu button located at the bottom of the screen. Next, press Downloads and you will see a list of your most recent downloads. Select the appropriate download.
The device may then display the following message: Application Install Blocked – For security, your kindle is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Amazon AppStore. Press the Settings button.
NOTE: If you do not receive this message, please skip the following step and skip to step 7.
6. Press Settings. Once there, navigate to “Allow Installation of Applications from unknown sources” and turn this feature on. The Kindle will then display a warning message. After reading the warning, please press Ok to continue the installation. Finally, press the “Home” button to return to the main screen.
7. When the download is complete, take the following steps:
- Open your web browser to begin.
- Click the menu button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “Downloads” to display a list of your most recent downloads.
- Select the most appropriate download.
8. Press the Install button. When the install is complete, press the Open button.
9. Enter your User name / password OR serial number, depending on the product. Then press OK.