Davis's Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
New 6th Edition with Nursing Implications
Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests delivers over 400 updated diagnostic test descriptions directly on your smartphone and tablet to help you answer questions and improve patient care.
|iOS devices running iOS v.6.0 or higher (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)|
|Android devices running OS 4.0 or higher|
Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests contains hundreds of useful laboratory and diagnostic test monographs to help understand and implement critical test procedures. Each entry delivers details on how the test works, how to accurately interpret results, and how to prepare and instruct your patients. With recommendations on pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test care, this mobile resource is the perfect companion for practicing nurses, nursing students, and other health care professionals.
This mobile reference includes the trusted information you expect in an easy-to-consult format that answers questions such as:
- How do I prepare the patient for the test and collect the appropriate specimen?
- What are the possible diagnoses for an abnormal test result?
- What are post-test patient care implications?
- Are there any factors that may interfere with test results?
Features of Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests include:
- Up-to-date monographs of over 400 laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Age-specific, gender-specific, and ethnicity-specific variations
- New sections including: Expected Patient Outcomes, Potential Nursing Problems, and more
- Cross-reference links to related tests
- Common Use sections with everyday language descriptions of what the test is for
- 9 useful appendices including Potential Nursing Diagnoses, Transfusion Reactions, and more
- Interfering Factors listing anything that may interfere with the results of the test
- Universal Index Search help find topics quickly
- “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries