The All-in-One Mobile and Web Solution for Emergency Medicine
Created just for emergency medicine, Emergency Central is a collection of disease, drug, and test information including 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, Davis’s Drug Guide, McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, and MEDLINE Journals.$159.95
1 year subscription - details
Emergency Central is the complete mobile and web solution for emergency medicine professionals. Disease, diagnosis, and step-by-step treatment resources are integrated to link you to immediate answers. Identify possible diagnoses based on presenting symptoms, review details of specific conditions, determine the ideal diagnostic test sequence, and easily link to the drug guide for dosing information. And, with the Unbound™ Platform, Emergency Central is updated when you sync your mobile device.
Unbound Medicine’s Cross Links connect entries to related content. Make quick connections from presentation to diagnostic assessment and then to therapeutic options.
Emergency Central includes:
5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult puts over 600 medical conditions encountered in emergency situations at your fingertips. Written by authorities in the field of emergency medicine, 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult describes topics from the perspective of a healthcare professional working in a busy emergency department. Each entry is formatted in a proven, rapid-access format so you can quickly search medical conditions, confirm a diagnosis, and begin treatment.
Editors: Jeffrey J. Schaider, MD; Roger M. Barkin, MD; Stephen R. Hayden, MD; Richard E. Wolfe, MD; Philip Shayne, FACEP; Adam Z. Barkin, MD, MPH; Peter Rosen, MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
McGraw-Hill Medical’s Diagnosaurus®
Access over 1,000 quick-reference diagnoses in this valuable reference by disease, symptom, or organ system.
Author: Roni F. Zeiger, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical
Davis’s Drug Guide
This best-selling drug reference provides need-to-know information on thousands of brand name and generic drugs.
- Almost 2,000 monographs covering 5,000 trade and generic drugs
- Details of IV administration, dilution, and concentration
- Common herbal and natural products
- High-alert notices and patient safety information
- Drug-drug, drug-natural, and drug-food interactions
- Regular updates when you sync your device
Authors: Judith Deglin, PharmD and April Vallerand, PhD, RN
Publisher: F.A. Davis Company
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests
Pocket Guide to Diagnostics Tests provides quick-access to evidence-based information on the selection and interpretation of common diagnostic tests with more than 450 laboratory, imaging, and microbiology test monographs.
- Tests for diagnosis, screening, or monitoring diseases
- Techniques for specimen collection
- Procedures for preparing patients
Editors: Diana Nicoll, MD, PhD, MPA; Chuanyi Mark Lu, MD; Michael Pignone, MD, MPH; Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical
MEDLINE Journals delivers tables of contents and abstracts from the latest journal issues to your handheld and provides direct access to Unbound MEDLINE. Derived from the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed database, Unbound MEDLINE allows you to track leading journals in your field and search the medical literature from a mobile device or the web.
Note: MEDLINE Journals provides links to full text articles only when available from PubMed; to view full journal text online you may need a separate subscription.
Features of Emergency Central for Mobile include:
- Interface optimized for each mobile device platform
- Focused information on patient presentations, treatment strategies, indications, and follow-up
- Differential diagnoses on 1,000 symptoms
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs
- Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
- Personalized favorites
- Journal tables of contents delivered on publication date
- FREE updates and web access for one year
- Instant literature searching with MEDLINE Journals
- Personal Archive for saved searches and bookmarks
- One year of web access included
|iOS devices running iOS v.4.3 or higher (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)||Carrier Data Plan or on-device WiFi|
|Android devices running OS 2.2 or higher||Memory cards supported||
Carrier Data Plan or
All major web browsers
(e.g. - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) Smartphones with web access