Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests
Evidence-Based Recommendations for Ordering and Interpreting 450+ Medical Tests
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests provides evidence-based recommendations on the selection and interpretation of laboratory, imaging, and microbiology tests.
|iOS devices running iOS v.6.0 or higher (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)|
|Android devices running OS 4.0 or higher|
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests provides immediate, evidence-based information on the selection and interpretation of commonly used laboratory and electrocardiographic tests, diagnostic imaging, and therapeutic drug monitoring. Including more than 450 updated diagnostic tests, this mobile resource is ideal for answering questions encountered daily by physicians, nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals, such as:
- Which test is best to diagnose or follow a patient’s condition?
- What is the correct interpretation of an abnormal diagnostic test?
- How do I collect the appropriate specimen or prepare the patient for testing?
- Where can I find more information on this test in the medical literature?
- 450+ updated laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Evidence-based recommendations
- Expanded coverage of genetic and molecular tests, including pharmacogenetic tests
- Extensive use of algorithms, tables, and charts
- New sections on point-of-care testing, diagnostic echocardiography, and more
- PubMed (PMID) links directly to journal citations and available articles
- Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
- ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
Diana Nicoll, MD, PhD, MPA; Chuanyi Mark Lu, MD; Michael Pignone, MD, MPH; Stephen J. McPhee, MD